|This is a transcript of the episode "Next of Kin - Part One".|
|Please do not edit this transcript unless you have a copy of the episode to transcribe from, or have spotted an obvious spelling mistake.|
|This article is under construction.|
|This article is currently under ongoing editing by Eladkse. To avoid edit clashes, please do not edit this page.|
- [Opening titles]
- [Scene: ED - Entrance Corridor. Scarlett and Lloyd run towards the main entrance to meet Jeff and Dixie, who are bringing in a patient. They take him to resus.]
Dixie: Okay, we've got a male, approximately mid-thirties, severely intoxicated. He's vomited and he's started to fit. His GCS, varied, between 9 and 14, his B/P is 95 over 60, his sats are 95.
- [Scene: ED - Resus]
Jeff: Which one, please?
Lloyd: Number two.
Jeff: Thank you.
Scarlett: High risk of a possible missed head injury.
Dixie: Okay. Right, let's get him over please, ladies and gents. Have everyone got a bit?
Dixie: On three. One, two, three...
- [A board is slid under the patient]
Dixie: And over. One, two, three...
- [The patient is pulled onto the bed. Lloyd and Scarlett realise the patient is Jay.]
Lloyd: Maintain open airway. Begin primary survey. Crash bleep anaesthetics. He'll need arterial blood gas.
Scarlett: No signs of trauma. I'll do blood glucose. May need IV dextrose. So, I will put another line in.
- [Scarlett grabs Jay's arm to put a line in. As she does so, Jay stats to fit.]
Scarlett: He's fitting!
- [Lloyd, Dixie and Jeff hold Jay on his side]
Lloyd: All right, all right. Make sure he's on his side. O2 and suction. 4 miligrams of IV lorazepam and give titrated doses of 1 miligram at a time.
Linda: [To Scarlett] Get that line in.
Scarlett: I'm trying.
- [Scarlett manages to put the line in. Jay stops fitting.]
Linda: Well done, crisis averted. Any other comments?
Lloyd: He may need a catheter to prevent him from wetting himself.
- [They laugh. Jay sits up, revealing that he wasn't really ill at all.]
Jay: Woah, woah, woah! It's not going to happen, all right? Stop there! [To Dixie] Erm, mid-thirties?
Dixie: Yeah, I was just doing a bit of improv, you know.
Jay: Ah, yeah? [To Scarlett and Lloyd] So, congratulations, grasshoppers. Competency assessment achieved!
Scarlett: So, what happens now?
Jay: Well, nothing. Same as before. But now you don't need someone to hold your hand everytime you want to put a line in. Okay?
- [Jay gets off the bed, removing the line in his arm]
Jay: Right, gotta go. I'm late. I've got a very important date. Woo hoo!
- [Jay leaves resus. Scarlett and Lloyd clap hands in triumph.]
- [Scene: Street. A car stops on the side of the road. It's driver, Damon Lynch, watches as a nearby woman, Sarah Owen, gets out of her car. She takes a baby out of the back seat and puts it in a buggy. As she sets off down the street, Damon gets out of his car. He discretely walks over to Sarah's car, then proceeds to let the air out of her front-right tyre.]
- [Scene: Youth Center carpark. A car pulls into a parking space. Inside is Lily Stone, and her father, Richard.]
- [Scene: Car]
Lily: I don't wnat to be here. Not today. I want to visit mum.
Richard: We talked about this. I'm working. You'll feel better when you're with your friends.
Lily: I don't have any friends.
Richard: Then make some.
- [Feeling angry, Lily gets out of the car]
- [Scene: Youth Center carpark. Lily's father drives away. Her friend, Jake Coulson, greets her.]
Jake: Dumped again on Saturday morning?
Lily: You could say that.
- [Lily and Jake see a group of bullies headed towards them]
Lily: Oh, God.
Bully: [In background] Pyro! Wheezy!
Jake: Let's get inside.
- [Lily and Jake run towards the Youth Center, chased by the bullies. Others laugh as they run past.]
- [Scene: ED - Ambulance Bay. Frank Malloy, the ED's fire officer, is stood next to an ambulance, waiting for Nick Jordan to arrive. When Jordan, accompanied by Lenny, walks by, Frank intercepts him.]
Frank: Ah, Mr Jordan. I've done a spot check-
Jordan: Talk to Charlie, Frank.
Frank: Mr Fairhead's not in.
Jordan: But he will be soon.
Frank: Look, I've got fire doors propped open. Flammable waste left lying around. Exit corridors blocked with trolleys. Not to mention, indifferent and impertinent employees. Yes, I'm looking at you, Doctor Lyons.
- [They stop outside the ED Entrance, where Zoe is leant on the wall]
Jordan: Fire doors are not my jurisdiction, Frank. Talk to the Trust. And whilst I share your frustrastion with indifferent and impertinent staff, let me assure you that anything I say will make no differnce at all.
- [Jordan heads into the ED, leaving Frank with Lenny and Zoe]
Jordan: [To Zoe] Morning.
Lenny: Lighten up, Frank. It's Christmas!
- [Lenny heads into the ED. Annoyed, Frank looks at Zoe.]
- [Frank heads into the ED, leaving Zoe, finding the situation humorous, to look on in disbelief]
- [Scene: Youth Center. Lily and Jake are running away from the bullies. They pass through a gymnasium.]
Lily: Come on, Jake!
- [Lily goes through a door on the other side, Jake just behind. They shut the door, and look through it's window. The bullies have just entered the gymnasium.]
- [Lily and Jake run towards a store-cupboard with it's door ajar]
Lily: Get in!
Jake: Shut the door.
- [Lily and Jake enter the store-cupboard, shutting the door behind them. They look around, catching their breath.Jake feels around for a light switch.]
Jake: I can't find the light switch.
- [Lily opens her bag, an pulls out a lighter. She opens it, and clicks in on.]
Jake: Where'd you get that?
Lily: My mum.
Jake: Your mum gave you a lighter?
Lily: Not exactly. She didn't need it any more so, I took it. It's mine.
Jake: Is that why they call you those names? "Pyro"? You like fires or something?
Lily: Doesn't everyone?
- [On the other side of the door, the bullies can be heard searching for Lily and Jake]
Bully: Maybe they're here.
Bully: Can't find them!
- [Scene: Street. Sarah returns to her car, dropping a bag on the pavement.
Sarah: Oh! God.
- [As Sarah bends down to pick up the bag, Damon walks up the street towards her, looking at her car]
Damon: Oh, dear.
- [He kicks the front-right tyre, which is now flat]
Damon: You got a flat.
Sarah: What? At the worst possible time.
Damon: Is there ever a good time?
- [Damon picks the bag up, then looks at the baby in the buggy]
Sarah: Especially not when you've got a hungry six-month-old to deal with.
Damon: What's her name?
Damon: She's beautiful.
- [Damon leans in to touch Evie's cheek. Evie is revealed to be his daughter.]
Damon: Hey, Evie.
Sarah: I think she likes you. Better call the breakdown service.
- [Sarah pull out her mobile phone]
Damon: Can I give you a lift somewhere, or...?
Sarah: No, I... I couldn't possibly impose.
Damon: Well, it's not trouble at aqll. It's your call.
Sarah: No, it's not apparently. Battery's dead.
- [Damon pulls out his mobile phone]
Damon: One of these days, eh? D'you wanna borrow mine?
- [Sarah glances between Damon and his phone]
Sarah: Do you know what? I only live five minutes down the road.
- [Scene: Street. Damon's car drives down the road.]
Damon: # Don't cry, honey. Don't cry...
- [Scene: Car. Damon is driving Sarah to her house. 'Save Your Kisses for Me' by Brotherhood of Man is playing on the stereo.]
Damon: # Gonna walk out that door... #
Sarah: Who's that?
Damon: Brotherhood of Man
- [Sarah looks back at Evie]
Sarah: Well, she seems to like it.
Damon: Yeah, she's got good taste.
- [They laugh]
Sarah: You got kids of your own?
Damon: No, not that I know of.
- [Sarah looks out of her window and gestures towards a road Damon has just passed]
Sarah: Er, you missed my turn off.
Damon: No, I didn't. Exeter Road's blocked off. I'm going to swing back round.
- [Scene: Street. Damon is in a queue of cars. An ambulance comes up behind him with it's siren on.]
- [Scene: Car. Sarah looks out the rear windscreen at the approaching ambulance, as Damon pulls in to let it past.]
- [Scene: Street. Damon pulls in, and the ambulance drives past. The car behind then drives around him as he gets going, forcing him to slam on the brakes.]
- [Scene: Car]